As an Application Developer for Afidence, you will be a critical component in maintaining the reputation of excellence Afidence has earned by delivering expertise and solutions to our clients every day. You will be responsible for developing, upgrading and supporting enterprise applications for our customers, as well as assisting customers with technical issues or questions they may have.
In this role, you will be handling customer technical support cases through phone, Teams and email submissions. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and implementing new web application functionality based on project requirements. Additionally, you will be supporting and maintaining existing applications, troubleshooting issues as they arise and recommending improvements.
Responsible for developing, upgrading and supporting applications, assisting customers with technical issues or questions relating to enterprise applications. Ability to read, write and debug code for software legacy programs or systems.
- Handle customer technical support cases through phone, Teams and email submissions
- Update and create tech tips and process documents
- Design, develop, test and implement new web application functionality based on project requirements
- Support and maintain existing applications, troubleshoot issues as they arise and recommend improvements
- Collaborate on product roadmaps and help drive adoption
- Collaborate with external software vendors and drive solutions from enhanced quality assurance
- Collaborate with IT Operations to improve operational excellence and grow internal customer satisfaction
- Communicate with team members regarding project status, development, tools and procedures
- Report status and progress of assigned cases, tasks and projects via IT service desk and project management tools
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to document the technical architecture that underlies a given application
- Ability to collect and articulate requirements, models and specifications accurately and in a way that it is understood both by IT and non-IT professionals
- Experience with agile development methodology
- Good communication skills, including writing, speaking and active listening
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills combined with the ability to debug programs and system issues with minimal direction
- Demonstrated organizational ability and follow-through
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or work harmoniously as a member of a team.
- 4+ years of application development experience
- Experience in manufacturing industry
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with JD Edwards
- Experience with C and Python
- ITIL Certification