The Systems Engineer develops, implements, and supports complex technology solutions our clients require to operate efficiently and securely. The Systems Engineer plays a vital role in completing projects, collaborating with business leaders, and providing elevated support services to ensure our client success. To be successful, the Systems Engineer must have critical thinking skills and an ability to work on multiple issues at the same time with a high level of competency. The Systems Engineer maintains excellent documentation within the ticketing system with prompt follow-up and communication to end users.
- Assist in installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Provide technical support of on-premises and cloud-based servers and applications, communication systems, virtualization and storage environments and networks, including configuration, performance, and security for diverse environments.
- Management and administration of client environments using remote management, security, and monitoring tools.
- Microsoft 365 support, administration, and migration services.
- Configure and deploy project hardware including servers, firewalls, switches, access points, security appliances.
- Respond to monitoring alerts and resolve network, server, security, and backup alarms.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system service failures by identifying and analyzing the situation and provides corrective actions.
- Develops, installs, and tests new network hardware and software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves network related problems.
- Ensure change control and other procedures are followed. Confirm that configuration documentation is completed when systems are deployed or modified.
- Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Configure and test data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Monitor network performance to determine whether adjustments need to be made, and to determine where improvements will need to be made in the future.
- Document client networks and maintain up to date information internally to assist other technicians with troubleshooting unfamiliar networks competently.
- Familiarity with VoIP systems administer end user changes and features. Troubleshoot basic functional aspects of the phone system through the admin console.
- Have basic knowledge of A/V and camera systems.
- Have a basic working knowledge of Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Have a basic working knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, and Network Permissions/Group Policies.
- Accurately log all time, detailed notes, and client communications into the ticketing system.
- Engage and manage vendor escalations.
- Provide technical training and consultative services for clients and staff.
- Associate degree in a related field and/or a minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience communicating technical problems and solutions to business leaders.
- Experience with researching, designing, implementing, and troubleshooting information systems and technology solutions to support business needs.
- Experience in support and configuration of Cisco networking devices, Microsoft Active Directory, network management/administration systems, virtualization, Microsoft 365 administration, Cloud Computing, Backup, and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Ability to effectively self-manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously.
- Relevant/Desired Certifications include: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNA/P, or equivalent a plus