We are seeking a Java developer interested in working in an agile XP/TDD methodology! This is an Extreme Programming (XP) environment where pairing is expected full-time and we follow test driven development (TDD), writing tests first, code second. You will be working on small product teams directly working with the business to deliver business outcomes in a fast paced environment.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
We know from experience that not ticking every box on the skills sections stops many from applying. You should apply regardless of your self-assessment because we want to hear from you.
- Ability to dive into a large polyglot codebase and contribute as you learn
- Being okay with the uncomfortable feeling that comes from learning new things
- Interest in exploring new programming paradigms, languages, and patterns
- Demonstrable ability to research problems and break them into discrete parts
- Have empathy with your pair and freely exchange feedback on a continual basis
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Comfortable with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Worked in a pair programming environment
- Contributed to an open source project
- Experience with log analysis, streaming data, streaming metrics
- Experience with metric analysis and visualization
- Has mentored others in a professional setting
- Comfortable working on small teams delivering fast paced business outcomes iteratively.
- Time zone Eastern Standard Time typically 8-5 but dependent on team preferred hours.
Technical area experience
- Worked with large Java codebases
- Spring / Sprint Boot
- Cloud technology: Pivotal Cloud Foundry/Tanzu or similar cloud technology (MS Azure, AWS)
- API management and delivery
- Testing frameworks
- Mac fluent