As a Sr. IT Project Manager with Afidence, you will be a critical component in maintaining the reputation of excellence Afidence has earned by delivering expertise and solutions to our clients every day. The Sr. IT Project Manager will work with all areas of the client’s business, as needed, to drive the successful scoping and/or completion of technology projects to the specifications of time, quality, and budget.
The position requires the Sr. IT Project Manager to communicate and coordinate teams from all levels of the organization, including 3rd party vendors, by using proven communication, analytical, and problem solving skills to help maximize our client’s investments.
• Leverages technology and project management expertise (of self and others) to clearly define the project needs, scope, and a corresponding plan to successfully address those needs.
• Leverages technology and project management expertise to manage assigned projects of varying complexity while balancing the time, budget, and scope constraints as defined in the project charter.
• Creates dependable, organized, and clear communications appropriate at all levels and across all departments which adhere to the standards and expectations of the client and Afidence.
• Provide strategy and process improvement recommendations as necessary while maintaining flexibility in methods of project delivery to meet or exceed client standards and policies.
• Develops knowledge of how assigned projects fit with the client's overall business goals, subsequently identifying, and analyzing risk factors that are barriers to project success.
• Identifies key project stakeholders for inclusion in the change management and problem-solving processes as well as normal communication rhythms.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups including vendors, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Develops and provides thorough documentation throughout project as needed, as well as best practices and lessons learned at project close.
• Build and maintain long-term working relationships with all areas and levels of the organization through open communication and the execution of ethical practices.
- Warm, welcoming, and engaging personality
- Naturally curious with exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong professional writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree (technology and/or project management preferred)
- Strong enterprise technology acumen/experience (infrastructure, cloud, development, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in managing large IT projects (waterfall and/or agile)
- Project Management Professional (PMP©) Certification
- Agile Scrum Master Certification (CSM, DASM, ASM, etc.)
- Background/experience as a product owner
- Background/experience in government, risk management, compliance
- Background/experience in managing cloud migration projects (Office 365, Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Problem Solver
- Reports to Service Delivery Team leader